Welcome to Chew Magna Primary School's website
Chew Magna is an outward looking village primary school serving Chew Magna and the surrounding area. We are really proud of our thriving school. We have the capacity for 105 pupils at our school organised into four classes.
There has been a school in the village for the past three centuries and the present buildings have been in use for over 100 years. During this time, various modernisations have taken place and recent improvements ensure that the school is able to deliver a modern and forward-looking curriculum in attractive and stimulating surroundings.
We are able to offer wrap around care between 7.45am to 6pm and offer a wide variety of lunchtime and after school clubs. It is important to us that we offer our children a broad range of activities.
We aim for each child to thrive academically by being confident, motivated, personable and successful.
The best way for you to find out most about our school is to come and visit. We are keen to show prospective parents and pupils around. Contact us to make an appointment.
Our Vision Statement
We aim for each child to thrive academically through being confident, motivated, personable and successful.
- Being valued as a member of our community.
- Feeling safe and secure through building positive relationships.
- Enjoying and exploring, inspirational learning within a stimulating environment.
- Understanding the strategies that help them learn independently and effectively.
- Living responsibly.
- Respecting the rights and needs of others to have differing values and beliefs.
- Thinking creatively and being resilient when facing challenges.
- Flourishing academically, emotionally and socially.
We believe each pupil will succeed by experiencing quality of opportunity through:
- innovative teaching provided by highly motivated, caring and committed staff;
- teaching techniques which use the range of multi-sensory stimuli to take into account different learning styles of pupils;
- a broad, balanced and purposeful curriculum relevant to the differentiated needs of the individual;
- a stimulating and attractive learning environment which is caring, happy, safe and secure;
- a positive partnership with parents, other schools and the local community through good communication.
Our Golden Rules are:
- Do be gentle and kind
- Do be helpful
- Do listen
- Do try your best
- Do be honest
- Do respect people and property.
We are part of The Partnership Trust (TPT) multi-academy trust.